Western New England University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Western New England University is a member of the Association of American Colleges and Universities, the University Entrance Examination Board, the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges, the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, and the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Massachusetts.
- The College of Business is accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The Sport Management degree program at Western New England University has received specialized accreditation through the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) located in Arlington, Virginia, USA. The Sport Management program in the following degree is accredited by COSMA: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Sport Management.
- Programs leading to B.S. degrees in Biomedical, Electrical, Industrial, and Mechanical Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org. B.S. programs in Civil Engineering and Computer Engineering are following the application process for accreditation as outlined by ABET, Inc.
- The Bachelor of Social Work degree program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- The School of Law is fully accredited by the American Bar Association and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools.
- The University's teacher education programs have been approved by the Massachusetts Board of Education and meet the standards of reciprocity of the Interstate Certification Compact.
- The College of Pharmacy’s Doctor of Pharmacy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
- The doctoral program in Behavior Analysis has been accredited by the Association of Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) for the period 2014-2019.
- The Sport Management program has been accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) for 2014-2021.
- The entry-level Doctor of Occupational Therapy program has applied for accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), (www.acoteonline.org).
Ranked Among the Best
In its annual 'America's Best Colleges edition,' U.S.News & World Report ranks Western New England University in the top tier of the Regional Universities -- North category of colleges and universities offering a full range of undergraduate and master's programs.
RANKED AT THE TOP OF “BEST VALUE” COLLEGES
Western New England University is ranked in the top 3 percent of colleges and universities among the top 1,275 public and private institutions reviewed in the United States by The Economist magazine. The rankings analyzed which institutions offered the “best value” for the education received.
Faculty Focused on You
Our expert faculty takes the time to get to know you and your aspirations. Whether you have questions about classwork, seek assistance securing an internship, want career advice, or just need a friendly ear, you can always count on your professors to guide you along the way.