Facts & Stats
Western New England was established in 1919 and became a university in 2011. The main campus has expanded from its original 34 acres to 215 acres, containing 28 major buildings and and numerous athletic and recreational fields.
- 2,613 full-time undergraduates
- 123 part-time undergraduates
- 282 law students
- 518 graduate and adult learners
- 272 pharmacy students
TOTAL: 3,808 students from 37 states and territories and 25 foreign countries
- 63% of full-time students are men and 37% are women
- 50% of full-time students are from out of state
- 64% of full-time students live on campus (80% of freshmen live on campus)
- More than 125 scholarship programs available to full-time students
- 98% of students receive financial aid through the University
- Average class size: 20 students
- Average high school GPA of entering class: 3.4
- Student/faculty ratio 12:1
- 235 full-time faculty
- 140 adjunct faculty
- 465 full-time staff
- 40 part-time staff
A Vibrant Student Body
Approximately 64% of full-time undergraduates live on campus (80% of freshmen) to become invested members of our institution. The University has a growing international enrollment from nearly 30 countries who enrich our living and learning community and serve as global ambassadors of our unique educational experience.
Western New England University has more than 44,600 alumni, of which nearly 8,000 are graduates of the School of Law. While our alumni reside in all 50 states and in 26 countries around the world, they maintain strong bonds of affinity to our institution, supporting our Annual Fund, donating their time to mentor current students, or hiring our graduates.
More About Us
Our History Speaks Volumes
Nearly a century ago, our vision was to offer an educational experience that changed peoples lives and open doors for them to seek greater opportunities. While a lot has changed, our University History reflects how our core values and vision still resonate today.