Western New England University is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the Commission indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the Commission is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the Commission should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100
Burlington, MA 01803-4514
NEASC ACCREDITATION LIAISON OFFICER
Josephine S. Rodriguez
Director of Assessment
Office of the Provost
As part of Western New England University's commitment to transparency, performance outcomes pertinent to our students' education are regularly shared with the public. These outcomes include enrollment data, graduation rates, and passage rates for licensure examinations. Information is available by specific College or the School of Law.
PRofessional/ Program Specific Accreditations
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- American Bar Assocation (ABA)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Massachusetts Department of Education (Mass DOE)
Other Useful Links
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Assessment and Evaluation
- Internet Resources for Higher Education Outcomes Assessment
- New England Educational Assessment Network (NEEAN)
In an effort to be accountable to the public and disclose progress toward student achievement of key student learning outcomes, we have the following results from program assessment to share: