The Department of Public Safety provides a full range of safety and crime prevention services, including:
- 24-hour police patrols on foot, mountain bikes, and in cruisers;
- 57 surveillance cameras throughout campus;
- Fire and environmental safety efforts;
- 33 Emergency phones throughout campus;
- Medical first responders and six emergency medical technicians;
- Educational programs on alcohol and drug use, personal safety, rape aggression defense, and fire safety.
The Department is staffed with personnel, trained and qualified by the Massachusetts State Police, including a Director, two lieutenants, four sergeants, eleven police officers, and five emergency dispatchers. Each officer is certified under Massachusetts General Law and has full police powers.
For more information about the Department of Public Safety, please visit their website: www.wnepolice.net