The Department of Public Safety provides a full range of safety and crime prevention services, including:
- 24-hour police patrols on foot, mountain bikes, and in cruisers;
- 57 surveillance cameras throughout campus;
- Fire and environmental safety efforts;
- 33 Emergency phones throughout campus;
- Medical first responders and six emergency medical technicians;
- Educational programs on alcohol and drug use, personal safety, rape aggression defense, and fire safety.
The Department is staffed with personnel, trained and qualified by the Massachusetts State Police, including a Director, two lieutenants, four sergeants, eleven police officers, and five emergency dispatchers. Each officer is certified under Massachusetts General Law and has full police powers.
More information: Department of Public Safety