International undergraduates may pursue bachelor's degrees in near 50 majors or programs.
When to Apply for Admission
Western New England University has a "rolling" admissions policy, not a set admission deadline, which gives students greater flexibility in applying. Admission decisions are typically released within three weeks of your application being complete. The University urges prospective international students to apply as early as possible in relation to the anticipated start date to ensure sufficient time process all of the necessary paperwork for purposes of a student visa.
Scholarships and Cost
Undergraduate International Student Scholarships ranging from $6,000 to $20,000 are awarded to students with outstanding academic records. These are only partial scholarships, and they are offered to a limited number of students. International students must be able to finance their tuition, housing, travel, and personal expenses. As part of the application process, students must provide a letter from their bank‚ Affidavit of Support‚ to certify that sufficient funds are available. Visit our Cost and Aid page for our current undergraduate rates.
I-20 Policy and Visa Information
Upon acceptance to the University, we will issue an I-20 form. The I-20 will be mailed to the student's permanent address as listed on the admissions application. The Admissions Office should be notified if you move or change your address during the enrollment process. For the full I-20 policy click here. You will need the I-20 in order to obtain an F-1 visa. For more information about the visa process, please visit the‚ Bureau of Consular Affairs. It is also advised that you utilize the EducationUSA center in your home country.
- Apply Online‚ or through the Common Application.
- Submit additional materials, including: an essay or personal statement, a copy of your passport, financial documentation – Affidavit of Support and Bank Letter
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Submitting one of the following tests or proof of completion of one of the language schools through which we have partnerships with will meet this requirement. SAT or ACT scores can also be used to meet this requirement.
- TOEFL - 79
- IELTS - 6
- PTE Academic - 53
- Step EIKEN - Pre-1
- iTEP - 5
- International Language Institute of Massachusetts - Level B2
- ELS - Level 112
- New England School of English - Level 10 with a GPA of 2.7
- Stafford House - Level 6
- BridgePathways - Level 5
- Embassy English - Advanced C1
- Inlingua - Level 8
- A.C.E. Language Institute - Level 6