Financial Aid

In order to be considered for financial aid, a student must have final approval into a degree program and be enrolled in a minimum of six credits per term for undergraduate students and three credits per term for graduate students.  Financial need-based resources including grants and low interest federal loans may be available for eligible students.

View the tuition for Graduate and Part-time Undergraduate Programs.

To apply for financial aid, file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at  Please visit the Student Administrative Services website for more information.

The Smart Student’s Guide to Financial Aid at is also a helpful source of general financial aid information. 

Scholarships and Special Awards Available to Part-Time Students

Adult Learner Scholarship - For Graduate and Undergraduate Study
Adult Learner Scholarships are awarded to degree-seeking graduate and part-time undergraduate students.  Students must have a financial need, and must be taking classes on the Springfield campus or online.

Alumni Endowed Scholarship - For undergraduate study
Scholarship awards are made annually by the Alumni Association to a full-time student from each of the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, and Engineering. Two awards are also made to part-time students. The University selects the recipients on the basis of academic merit and demonstrated financial need.

Susan Squire Bousquet Endowed Memorial Scholarship - For undergraduate study
A scholarship is awarded annually to a part-time student with demonstrated financial need. Susan was a student at the University when she passed away in 1988. Her family and friends established this scholarship in her memory.

Evelyn Burton Endowed Scholarship - For undergraduate study
Scholarships of varying amounts are awarded based on financial need to students who are single parents. This scholarship is provided from a fund established by Thomas R. Burton '70 in memory of his mother, Evelyn.

Joseph A. Mastrangelo Endowed Scholarship - For undergraduate study
A scholarship is awarded annually to a person taking more than the normal academic schedule (three courses) as a nontraditional student. This scholarship was established by Joseph Mastrangelo '77. 

Federal TEACH Grant Program
Western New England University participates in the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program.  Students enrolled in an undergraduate, post-baccalureate, or graduate prorgram can apply for the TEACH Grant.  Eligible students can receive up to $4,000 per year.  Details about the program and eligibility requirements can be found at

Federal Direct Student Loans and Alternative Financing
Please visit the Student Administrative Services website for more information.  

Employer Reimbursement Payment Plan
The plan is designed for students receiving reimbursement from their employer for tuition and fees.  Click on the Form Finder link on this page to access the Employer Reimbursement Payment Plan form and instructions.

Company or Government Direct Payment
Students whose employer pays the University directly must provide Western New England University with an employer authorization form or a letter from their employer, on company letterhead, indicating their commitment to pay under direct billing.  The letter should also include billing contact information.  New authorization is required each semester and can be faxed to the Student Administrative Services Office, Attention:  Billing at 413-796-2081.

Online Payment Option
To pay your bill online, visit the Student Administrative Services Office website at Student Administrative Services, and click on “Making a Payment.”

Office Hours
Click on this link to the Student Administrative Services (SAS) home page for current hours Student Administrative Services

Phone:  413-796-2080 or 800-325-1122 ext. 2080
Fax:  413-796-2081