Graduate International Students
Western New England University is ranked among the top tier in the north region's "Best Universities - Master's" category - in the 2011 edition of U.S. News and World Report America's Best Colleges. The College of Business is accredited by AACSB International, the hallmark of excellence for business schools around the world.
Our professors take a personal interest in each student’s success. International faculty members come from countries such as India, Iran, and Germany. Learn more about our faculty from the College of Business and the College of Engineering.
Application Process — Graduate International Students
The following items must be received before the Admissions Office will be able to review your application:
- Official transcripts submitted directly by the institutions or in envelopes sealed by them accompanied by a certified English translation (if not in English).
- Evidence of English proficiency. Below are the tests and language schools that we accept/have partnerships with:
- TOEFL - 79 IBT (213 computer based or 550 paper based)
- IELTS - 6.5
- PTE Academic - 53
- EIKEN - 2A
- iTEP - 5.5
- International Language Institute of Massachusetts - level 8
- ELS - level 112
- EmbassyCES - level 6
- New England School of English - Level 10
- Boston Academy of English - Advanced Level 2
- Inlingua Washington DC - ESL 302
- Financial documentation
- Affidavit of Support
- Bank letter stating that you or your financial sponsor have sufficient funds to support your education while you are enrolled at Western New England University. The bank letter should bear the bank's seal on the bank's official stationery. Here is a sample bank letter for your reference.
How to Apply & Requirements -
The academic requirements and required application materials will vary based on the College and the major to which you are applying. The application for admission will provide further details.
Send all application materials to:
Western New England University
1215 Wilbraham Road
Springfield, MA 01119-2684
When to Apply for Admission
Western New England University has a "rolling" admissions policy, not a set admission deadline, which gives students greater flexibility in applying. Admission decisions are typically released within three weeks of your application being complete. The University urges prospective international students to apply as early as possible in relation to the anticipated start date to ensure sufficient time process all of the necessary paperwork for purposes of a student visa. Entry points for each program.
Typical Academic Calendar
Graduate courses are primarily offered during the 11-week term. During the year, four terms are offered for graduate studies - fall (September), winter (January), spring (April), and summer (July). International students typically begin their studies at the start of either the summer or fall terms. For a detailed overview of the Academic Calendar, click here. In order to maintain eligibility for purposes of a student visa, international students must be enrolled in at least 18 credits over the four terms (6 courses).
I-20 and Visa Information
Upon acceptance to the University, we will issue an I-20 form. The I-20 will be mailed to the student's permanent address as listed on the admissions application. The Admissions Office should be notified if you move or change your address during the enrollment process. For the full I-20 policy click here. You will need the I-20 in order to obtain an F-1 visa. For more information about the visa process, please visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs. It is also advised that you utilize the EducationUSA center in your home country.
Other Helpful Links