The mission of the Alumni Association is to communicate with and bring value to the alumni body and to support actively and financially the goals of the University as detailed in the University's Mission Statement.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
The Board of Directors oversees the Alumni Association’s efforts to communicate with and bring value to the alumni body and to support, actively and financially, the goals of the University. The Board is composed of alumni whose demonstrated service and leadership display a strong understanding and commitment to our mission.
Board members include undergraduate, graduate and professional programs alumni. The Board strives to represent the alumni population and is committed to diversity of age, gender, ethnicity, industry and geography.
POSITIONS & QUALIFICATIONS
Applications for the Board of Directors are being accepted now through May 6, 2018.
2018 OPEN POSITIONS
- 1 Secretary
- Up to 10 Members-At-Large
- Alumnus/na, having received a degree, at any level, from Western New England University, Western New England College, and/or the Springfield Division of Northeastern University.
- Availability and interest in serving and engaging in Association activities and Board meetings
- Openness and willingness to interact and engage with students and fellow alumni
- Breadth of experience with non-profits, board service, fundraising, event planning, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Willingness and ability to identify and recruit alumni volunteers and/or sponsors
- Previous volunteerism for the University
- History of financial support to the University or willingness to demonstrate financial support within the year of Board service
- Serve as University and Association ambassadors by staying well-informed and helping broadcast the University’s mission, successes, strategies, programs, and strengths
- Attend and actively participate in four pre-scheduled Board meetings per year
- Actively participate on at least one standing committee (Career Development, Communications, or Engagement) or on at least one ad-hoc committee or task force
- Support, promote and attend Association initiatives and events
- Proactively volunteer expertise, time and/or support where needed
- Inform Association leaders and staff of issues impacting or of interest to alumni
- Make a personal gift annually. Our goal is 100% board participation; you determine the level at which you are able to participate and the area of campus to which your gift is directed.
APPLICATION & ELECTION PROCESS
Board of Directors applications are being accepted now through May 6, 2018.
- Complete the online application no later than May 6, 2018. You will receive a confirmation of your submission.
- Interviews with Board leadership and/or Association staff will be scheduled with applicants as appropriate.
- Elections run May 14 – May 21, 2018. Candidate profiles will include name, degrees received, current employment, and personal statement. All alumni as regular members of the Alumni Association are eligible to vote.
- Applicants will be notified of election results no later than May 25, 2018.
- New Board of Directors members will be ratified at the June 13, 2018 meeting of the Board of Directors, 5:30-8:00PM at Western New England University.
- Terms officially begin on July 1, 2018 and conclude on June 30, 2020.
- The Board of Directors will be introduced at Homecoming, October 20, 2018.
For more information, please contact Katie DeBeer at 413.782-1478 or email@example.com.