Research & Conferences
Department of Psychology Student Research
Our students work closely with faculty and graduate fellows to design, execute, and present research in a variety of areas.
Sample Student Projects
- Teaching interview skills to college students.
- Teaching tacting of private events based on public accompaniments: audience control.
- The analysis and treatment of problem behavior related to transitions.
- Evaluating efficacy and preference of parameters of positive reinforcement.
- An efficient and complete functional assessment and treatment process.
- Improving on-task behavior using a tactile prompt for college students with AD/HD.
- A triangulated assessment of math-related stereotype threat.
- Functional behavior assessment and treatment of problem behavior in a school setting.
- Evaluating the Efficacy of and Children’s Preference for Dimensions of Positive Reinforcement: Choice and Reliability of Reinforcer Delivery.
- An Evaluation of Relational Practice, Gender, and Managerial Status in the Workplace.
- A Guide to a Good Night’s Sleep: An Empirical Evaluation of Adult Sleep Problems.
- Effects of Pre-Session Exposure to Reinforcement on Skill Acquisition.
- The Impact of Flextime on Perceived Organizational Support: An Investigation of Gender and Parental Status.
- A Longitudinal Analysis of the Effects of a Rape Prevention Program on Rape Myth Acceptance, Attitudes Toward Rape Victims, and Date Rape Attitudes.
- Improving the Conversational Skills of a College Student with High Functioning Autism.
- The Effect of Name Stereotypes on Job Applicants Based on Gender and Race.
- The Use of a Structured Interview and Chronotherapy to Improve Adult Sleep Problems.
- Evaluation of Teaching Errors Related to Prompt Dependent Behavior.
- Performance Effectiveness in Greeting Behavior: A Combination of Graphed and Written Feedback.
- A Comparative Analysis of Strategies for Teaching Delay Tolerance.
- Teaching Independent Completion of a Complex Task to a Typically-Developing Preschooler
- Efficacy and Generality of a Parent Training Model using Behavioral Skills Training with Individualized Examples
- The Role of Gender, Managerial Status, and Relational Orientation on Perceptions of Effectiveness and Submissiveness
- An Investigation of the Influence of Bodyweight and Gender on Appraisal of Résumés
- The Effects of Gender and Race Biases on Hireability
- Determining the Range of Severity of Problem Behavior during Functional Analyses
- Transitions from Rich to Lean Reinforcement as Error Correction Procedures
- Evaluating the Effects of Reinforcer Magnitude on Skill Acquisition
- Evaluating the Stability of Paired-Item Preference Analyses
- The Effects of Font Style and Cognitive Processing on the Perceptions of Recommendation Letters
- A Community-Level Assessment of Pay-As-You-Throw Recycling in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Political affiliation and Community Recycling Behavior.
- Blood pressure negativity: An archival analysis.
- Students are coauthors on articles in peer-reviewed journals including:
- Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Analysis of Verbal Behavior
- Students have presented research at regional, national and international conferences including:
- Eastern Psychological Association
- New England Psychological Association
- Association for Behavior Analysis International
- Berkshire Association for Behavior Analysis and Therapy
- Connecticut Association for Behavior Analysis and Therapy
- Connecticut Association for Behavior Analysis and Therapy Student Poster Award (Spring 2013)