Pre-physician Assistant Articulation agreement
Western New England University and Salus University 3 + 2 Pre-physician Assistant Articulation Agreement
Students who have successfully completed the Western New England University Pre-physician Assistant program requirements can be considered for admission to the Salus University Physician Assistant Studies program, which leads to the Master of Medical Science.
Applicants to the Salus University Physician Assistant Studies program must:
- Complete the curriculum of 101 credits required by the Pre-physician Assistant program within three academic years.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.1 for all coursework and otherwise be in good standing in the Western New England University Pre-PA program.
Under the agreement, Salus will provide up to four seats for qualified Western New England University pre-PA program students who apply for admission and are accepted into the Salus Physician Assistant Studies program.
If there are more than four Western New England University Pre-PA students who successfully meet all criteria for admission to the Salus PA program, the remaining applicants not offered one of the four seats will be considered for admission to the Salus PA along with other applicants in the Salus University general application pool. Salus University will confer the Master of Medical Science (MMS) degree to students who successfully complete the Physician Assistant Studies program at Salus.
Qualified candidates may submit an application to the Salus Physician Assistant Studies Program through the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) by September 1 at the start of the third year in the Pre-PA program.
At the time of application to Salus University, students must:
- have accumulated at least 250 hours of direct patient care experience (paid or volunteer) in an allopathic or osteopathic medical setting.
- have earned and maintained a current certificate in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider offered through the American Heart Association (AHA).
- have a minimum CASPA calculated overall cumulative grade point average of 3.10 or higher.
- have a minimum CASPA calculated BCP grade point average of 3.10. (BCP GPA includes all biology, chemistry, and physics courses completed.)
- arrange for submission of a letter of recommendation from a Western New England University faculty member in the sciences familiar with the student's academic work as part of the CASPA application.
- provide Western New England University with the Salus transcript after successful completion of first year of the Salus PA Studies program in order to receive a BS in Health Sciences from Western New England University.
NOTE: Students interested in applying to other PA programs should check with those schools for their particular admission requirements, which may require applicants to have a bachelor’s degree.