Welcome to the Controller's Office at Western New England University. The Controller's Office is comprised of multiple departments operating under the division of Finance and Administration. The Controller's Office strives to support the academic mission of the University by accurately recording and reporting financial transactions, maintaining an adequate internal control environment, ensuring the safeguarding of University assets, providing timely and accurate payments to employees and vendors, and managing students accounts. We strive to provide these services in a professional, efficient, and respectful manner to all students, faculty, staff, parents, and other external parties conducting business with the University.
The following services are provided by the various departments that comprise the overall operations of the Controller's Office:
1. Controller's Office (Deliso Hall, First Floor)
- Maintain the university's accounting records in accordance with GAAP
- Coordinate all external audits and the issuing of audited financial statements
- Oversee the University's internal audit program.
- Budget management and control.
- Provide timely internal management of all financial reporting and access to financial information and systems
- Cash management
- Tax compliance and reporting
- Endowment and gift accounting
- Fixed asset accounting
- Sponsored programs administration and accounting
2. Payroll Office (Deliso Hall, Ground Floor)
- Provide timely and accurate payments to all employees: faculty, staff and students.
- Employee tax and benefits witholding
- Payroll tax compliance and reporting
3. Bursar's Office (D'Amour Library, Ground Floor)
- Student billings, accounts, and loans
- Banking and cashiering functions
4. Procurement Services (Campus Utility Building)
- Accounts Payable
- Purchasing Card Program
5. Administrative Services (Campus Utility Building)
- Mail Services
- Print and Supply Services