Financial Aid Timeline & Checklist
- File FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Use Western New England University school code: 002226. Please make sure to use the IRS Data Retrieval process when completing the FAFSA. If filing the FAFSA before federal income tax returns are complete, you will need to update the FAFSA using the corrections process after your tax returns are filed.
- Make sure that any Payment Plans, non-federal loans and external scholarships are in place. Visit links at www1.wne.edu/sas to find information regarding Payment Plans and Alternative Financing
- If a parent chooses to use the federal Parent PLUS loan for additional financing, visit studentloans.gov to complete the application and simultaneously sign the promissory note
- Complete your Federal Direct Loan Promissory Note and Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling at studentloans.gov
- Fall semester bills are mailed out. Student accounts and financial aid can be viewed online using ASAP system
- If choosing to make payments over 10 months, choose a 10-Month Payment Plan, commencing July 1. Enrollments after that date are still acceptable.
- Fill out the health insurance waiver through Health Services' Forms link in order to remove mandatory health insurance charges from the bill
- If you were awarded a Federal Perkins Loan, you will be notified to complete your Federal Perkins Loan Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling online.
- If you were awarded federal work-study money and need a job, attend the on-campus job fair, or visit Human Resources.