SMART (Sexual Misconduct Advocate Response Team)
SMART is a student-run group of trained volunteers who assist and provide confidential peer support to Western New England University students who have experienced any form of sexual misconduct.
- SMART includes male and female students.
- SMART members are trained to be first responders to reports of sexual misconduct and to provide continued support to victim-survivors. This includes supporting the victim-survivor through the on-campus judicial system.
- Training is provided by Wayne Carpenter, Ph.D., Dir. of Counseling Services. Dr. Carpenter also serves as the group's advisor.
- Incidences of sexual misconduct where a SMART member is requested to help are reported to Dr. Carpenter. Dr. Carpenter then works with the SMART member as s/he continues to support the student in need.
- SMART also provides educational programming to the campus population. This primarily involves presenting programs in the resident halls. Additionally, SMART partners with other campus groups to bring events such as The Clothesline Project to campus.
To print a copy of the application click here
For more information, contact:
Dr. Wayne Carpenter
Director of Counseling Services
email@example.com (Please indicate SMART in the subject line)