Diversity Law Day Workshops
Workshop topics will include:
Introduction to the LSAT
- At the conclusion of the workshop, a representative from KAPLAN will be present to provide an overview of the LSAT and distribute a take-home practice test.
- Current law students discuss their paths to law school and their law school experience
What is LSAC - The Admissions Process
- Registering for the LSAT
- Creating a CAS account with LSAC
- How to submit applications
- What are law schools looking for?
Transcripts, Résumé, Internships, and Extracurricular Activities
- What is the Committee looking for?
- What should your résumé include?
- What types of experiences are beneficial?
Personal Statements, Diversity Statements and Addenda
- Discussion of the importance of personal statements/addendums and what should be addressed in a personal statement
- Examples of personal statements
- Supplemental essays and addenda
- How to disclose previous misconduct
Letters of Recommendation
- Examples of letters of recommendation and suggestions on how to obtain a positive recommendation
Financing a Legal Education
- Discussion of the financial aid process, scholarship resources, and student loan debt
Question and Answer Session
- Current admissions professionals and law students will be available for questions