The Western New England University School of Law Speakers Bureau brings legal expertise on cutting-edge issues to your campus. Our faculty boasts award-winning legal minds, who make a difference locally, nationally, and across the globe. We welcome the opportunity engage your students in a discussion of the legal issues they want to learn about and of how law school can help them fulfill their goals.
The purpose of the Bureau is to help students connect how a law school education can help them make an impact on issues they care about.
Our speakers can present talks that explore such questions as:
- How does marijuana legalization impact state law and local communities?
- How does international and human rights law affect people globally and locally?
- What are the rights of immigrants under the Trump administration?
- What role does Title IX have in securing equal rights in education?
- What are the limits of a president’s power?
- How is the current administration handling national security threats?
- What legal issues do today’s small businesses face?
- How does our child welfare system protect children?
- What does it mean to have a death with dignity?
You can request a speaker by contacting Professor of Law Tina Cafaro at email@example.com.
Selected Recent Presentations
J.D. University of Chicago Law School, A.B. Wellesley College
Professor Levi, the 2018 recipient of the ABA’s Stonewall Award, has spoken widely on her active role in litigating precedent-setting cases establishing basic rights for LGBT people, including the right of same-sex couples to marry, a transgender student’s right to attend school, and the recent efforts to ban transgender people from serving in the military.
J.D. Cornell Law School, B.S. University of New Hampshire
Professor Buzuvis is a nationally renowned scholar and speaker on matters related to Title IX’s mandate for gender equity in educational institution and on sports, gender, and the law. She is often cited in national newspapers like the New York Times for her expertise.
J.D. Western New England University School of Law, B.A. University of Florida
Professor Freeman litigates immigration defense cases, and has spoken widely on the issues of recent immigration enforcement measures as well as the impact of the suspension of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy.