Parents are important members of the Western New England University community. Please consider becoming involved in our Parents Association, follow Golden Bear Athletics, or plan your next Campus Visit.
Come Meet Us Face to Face
You'll often see parents leaving our Welcome Center after a visit with a smile on their face. That's because their campus visit has affirmed for them that Western New England University can provide the kind of college experience they want for their student: high quality academics with a professional orientation, a pristine campus with modern amenities from our residence halls to labs and outstanding sports facilities, caring and supportive faculty and staff, and an excellent value that includes generous Merit Scholarships.
But don't take our word for it, come and experience all that we have to offer and you may just leave grinning ear to ear yourself.
You can attend an open house or set up an individual information conference and a tour. Can’t make it during the school year? You can always visit during the summer. Give us a call at 1-800-325-1122 ext. 1321 to set up your visit!
Upcoming 2016-2017 Open House Dates:
- Sunday, October 2, 2016
- Saturday, October 22. 2016
- Sunday, November 13, 2016
- Saturday, December 3, 2016
- Sunday, March 5, 2017
- Sunday, April 9, 2017 (Accepted Students Day)
Can’t make it to campus? Take our Virtual Tour!
Academic Services: A Parent's Guide
As a parent, you want to be aware of the academic services that are available to your student. Western New England University is committed to rigorous intellectual inquiry and to the development of a student-centered learning environment.
Here are some links that you might find useful:
- Academic Calendar
- First Year Program
- Student Disability Services
- Other support services
Student Services: What You Need to Know
Whether your student is living on campus or not, the services outside of the classroom are important factors in a student’s success and overall experience in college.
We hope the following links will help you and your student to find important information about these services:
- Campus Mail Services
- Career Development Center
- Financial Aid
- Food Points
- Health Services - (Insurance forms, medical forms, services, and staff)
- Office of Information Technology
- On-Campus Banking
- Public Safety
Are You a New College Parent? Our College Planning Calendar Will Keep You on Top of Your To-Do List
Summer of Junior Year
- Make more college visits with your student.
- Help your student narrow down the college list.
- Have your student begin to obtain college applications.
- Help your student prepare a résumé.
Fall of Senior Year
- Make sure your student continues to take challenging courses.
- Have your student send in the application and all application materials.
- Sign your student up to take the SAT or ACT again.
- Attend college fairs with your student.
- Have your student start to apply for external scholarships.
- Have your student attend college visits at his/her high school.
- Attend an open house or set up individual visits with your student for his/her top schools.
- Obtain a pin for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.pin.ed.gov and start to complete the FAFSA worksheets.
Spring of Senior Year
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as you can after October 1 (it is much easier if you file it online).
- Attend an open house with your student if you haven’t done so already.
- Have your student look into programs for accepted students – Ask about Western New England University’s Day Visit Program!
- Help your student make a final decision
- Pay the tuition deposit - due by May 1.
- Notify the other colleges to which your student was accepted that he/she will not be attending.
- Send in student’s final high school transcript to the institution they are going to attend.
Summer After Graduation
- Watch for dates about registration, housing, etc.
- Prepare for your student to start their freshman year in college!