Admissions Requirements and Deadlines
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) is required for admission. Candidates with a lower GPA will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The GRE is not required for admission, however, GRE scores for testing that occurred within the last five years will be considered in admission decisions if submitted.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0, for courses completed within 5 years of applying, with no grade below a "C" be required for the following prerequisite courses (25 credits):
- Human Anatomy and Physiology (8 credits)
- Physics or Chemistry (4 credits)
- Biological, Psychological, or Educational Statistics (3 credits)
- Introduction to Sociology or Social Psychology (3 credits)
- Development Psychology (3 credits)
- Abnormal Psychology (3 credits)
- Medical Terminology (1 credit)*
- Documented volunteer/observation hours--candidates will be required to complete two observations, in two different settings, consisting of a minimum of 14 hours in total. Please have your supervisors complete our Observation Form. There is also a form that you will complete. You can download a copy of the forms here.
- Two recommendations, preferably from individuals with whom you have a a professional or academic history (the supervisors for the volunteer/observation hours cannot provide recommendations).
- Composite TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based) for non-native English speakers
- A one-page, typed personal statement highlighting why you wish to pursue an OTD degree, the impact of the current healthcare environment on your decision, and how you will benefit both personally and professionally from a career in occupational therapy.
- Candidates who need to satisfy the Medical Terminology prerequisite have the option to complete this requirement online through Caduceus International Publishing. The cost of the course starts at $129.95. For additional details and to register, visit: https://wne.cipcourses.com.
Candidates seeking early admission should submit their complete application by December 1. After December 1, we will continue to accept applications for standard admission on a rolling basis. Completed applications should be submitted no later than April 1 for Fall entry.