Golden Bear Pharmacy Summer Camp
June 25–29, 2018 from 8:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Western New England University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences offers opportunities for high school students to learn about careers in pharmacy and the pharmaceutical sciences through hands-on learning experiences. This day camp is open to high school students who demonstrate strong academic skills and an interest in pharmacy or the pharmaceutical sciences.
- Learn about different career paths in pharmacy
- Get tips on how to prepare for a career in pharmacy
- Hands on activities and demonstrations
- Camp is free for all participants*
- Lunch will be provided
- Application deadline 3/31/18
- Max occupancy: 50 students
- Will be notified about acceptance within 2 weeks after the deadline.
* If you are accepted and do not attend without prior notification, you will be charged a $150 fee.
Camp participants will explore the following topics:
- Introduction to Pharmacy
- Mock Community Pharmacy
- Community Pharmacy Pearls
- Ambulatory Care Pharmacy
- Inpatient Pharmacy
- Q&A with Current Students
- Microbiology Lab
- Compounding lab
- DNA extraction/Purification Lab
- Medicinal Chemistry Lab
- Sterile Products Lab
- Pharmacy Games/Prizes
- Herbal Garden
- Yoga/Tai Chi
- Pharmacy Law
- Undergraduate Admissions
* Note that the Pharm4Me waiver at the end of the packet is not required. Pharm4Me is a program that will send information about the profession of pharmacy to students interested in pursuing the career.