Clinical Assistant Professor of Ambulatory Care
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Office: CSP 428
LinkedIn Account: Click Here
Courtney Doyle-Campbell graduated from Smith College with a BA in neuroscience and biochemistry. She obtained her BS and PharmD from the University of Connecticut. She has worked as a research assistant in infectious disease pharmacology at UConn Health Center in Farmington and dermatology/pathology research at Yale School of Medicine. Prior to coming to WNEU, Courtney was with Walgreens pharmacy, where, in addition to the roles of a staff pharmacist, she administered vaccinations, offered medication therapy management and provided blood pressure screens.
Courtney is currently a Clinical Assistant Professor of Ambulatory Care, specializing in hypertension management. She runs the hypertension clinic at RiverBend Medical Group in Springfield. Within the ambulatory care setting, Courtney is able to pursue her particular areas of interest: chronic disease state management and effective patient counseling techniques.
Though Courtney’s area of practice focuses on hypertension, she continues to work educating the learners on the importance of immunization and disease prevention. She is currently the APhA immunization coordinator for WNEU and is responsible for certifying the learners as immunizers.
- Patient Care Management - Instructor of Record and facilitator of community care and ambulatory care modules.
- IPC Cardiovascular 1 - Instructor of Record and lecturer for cardiovascular risk, dyslipidemia, hypertension, and chronic heart failure
- Pharmacy Practice Lab
Courtney’s current areas of research focus on optimizing blood pressure control in patients. She is examining the role of home blood pressure monitoring, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and motivational interviewing and hypertension education on improving patient’s control.
- Could Blood Pressure Phobia Go Beyond the White Coat Effect? Kathleen M. Dillon; Jason D. Seacat; Cory D. Saucier; Courtney J. Doyle-Campbell. American Journal of Hypertension 2015; doi: 10.1093/ajh/hpv040
- American Pharmacist Association-Association of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP) Western New England University Chapter, Advisor
- American Heart Association (AHA), Member
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA), Member
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Member
- Rho Chi Honor Society Alpha Gamma Chapter, Member
Practice AreaRiverBend Medical Group, 305 Bicentennial Highway, Springfield, MA