Kam L. Capoccia
Clinical Professor of Community Care
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Office: CSP 424
Dr. Capoccia received her B.S. degree in Pharmacy from the University of Connecticut and her Pharm.D. from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in Denver. She completed a PGY1 residency at the University of North Carolina Hospitals in Chapel Hill and a PGY2 residency in Primary Care at the University of Washington Family Medical Center in Seattle. Dr. Capoccia has spent more than 15 years working in collaborative practice agreements. She has been a Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) since 2000. Her current practice focuses on chronic disease state management such as diabetes, hypertension, and dyslipidemia. She is the director of a pharmacist-run, AADE Accredited Diabetes Self-Management Education Program.
- Patient Assessment Skills Lab
- Applied Pharmacy Care I
- Self – Care Therapeutics
Dr. Capoccia is interested in the various aspects of self-management in diabetes. Adherence to medications and facilitating behavior change in diabetes are areas that she is focusing on in her clinical practice.
- Editorial Board Member, Diabetes Spectrum, 2014-2016
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE), member 2010 - Present
- Programming Committee, Member 2013 - present
- Founding Member of Western Massachusetts Local Networking Group 2011 - present
- American Pharmaceutical Association (APhA), member 1994 – 1999, 2010 – present
- American Diabetes Association (ADA), member 2006 - Present
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), member 1994 – present
- Western Massachusetts Pharmacy Association (WMPhA), member 2011 – Present
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) 1999 – Present
Western New England University College of Pharmacy and Big Y Foods, Inc Consultation and Wellness Center
300 Cooley Street
Springfield, MA 01119
The Consultation and Wellness Center is a community care and faculty run clinic. It is the largest pharmacy consultation and wellness center in the region and the first to be located in a supermarket. The Center offers a Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME) Program accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators.