Certified Black Belt Instructor: Lisa Totz
Lisa Totz is a 15+ year veteran of corporate America working in various roles for Boeing, Raytheon, and Exelis. Her background in electrical engineering and employer sponsored Lean Six Sigma training, instruction, and mentoring have brought her many successes and opportunities to share her knowledge with others.
Her business, LT Consulting helps organizations to save time and money with process improvements, data integration, and leveraging technology. She has been known to work smarter, not harder by many. She shares her skills, knowledge, and experience of Lean Thinking and Leadership Training with varied clients throughout the greater Pioneer Valley and beyond.
Lisa holds a degree in Electrical Engineering from Norwich University, Military College of Vermont and is an active member of the Jimmy Fund Council of Western Massachusetts, currently serving as the President of the Council. Lisa is a multi-Ironman triathlete, avid cyclist and mountain biker, a volunteer, and a very proud aunt. She has been recognized in Tucson, Arizona as a Woman on the Move, and again here in Western Massachusetts as a member of the 2011 Class of 40 Under Forty. She lives in Westfield where she maintains a home, yard, vegetable garden, and a few bicycles.
Her key to success: Willingness to work with others, challenge herself, learn and grow in every experience. Never give up on beliefs no matter the challenges, they are just obstacles to strengthen your resolve.
- Extensive practice in leading projects in a variety of environments including manufacturing, retail, financial institutions, service businesses, restaurants and more.
- An accomplished Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Consultant with extensive project management experience, Green Belt and Black Belt training and mentoring expertise.
- Trained multiple Green Belt training sessions simultaneously while running Black Belt projects and mentoring Green Belt students locally and abroad. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Trainer and Mentor (35 – 50 candidates) locally and distance, Trainer and Mentor for Lean Masters (8)
- Continuous Improvement Council Champion - Team of Black Belts focused on the bottom line of what are our core competencies and how to strengthen them
- Responsible for Supplier Development procedure definition, development, and rollout to enable Quality Assurance and Engineering to ensure due diligence is completed per the regulations of our customers (DoD, Commercial)
- Cost Savings projected to exceed $100,000 over next year (Soft savings – as reduction is time spent, versus tangible equipment savings).
- Developed and integrated a custom Manufacturing Execution System (MES) integrated to existing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, QAD. Met US Government requirement for traceability with new function to be able to query and report on the data in real time, enable recalls. Led Development team, rolled out, trained and integrated MES across two product lines to date with plans to integrate more.
- Cost Savings projected to exceed $600,000 over next year (Soft savings – as reduction is time spent, versus tangible equipment savings).
- Managed projects with Cost Savings of over $250,000 annually
Specializing in Continuous Improvement, Change Management, and Lean Six SigmaCompetencies include but are not limited to:
- Communication Skills
- Procedure Development
- Sustainable Solutions
- Independent and Teamwork
- Continuous Improvement
- Analytics Skills
- Project Management
- Lean and/or Change Initiatives
- Process Improvement
- Process Capability
- Waste Identification/Reduction
- Data Collection Standardization
- Workflow Analysis/Development
- Report Generation
LT Consulting assists small companies in finding sensible ways to leverage their current investments and provide solutions for cost and time savings as well as easily accessible information for the organization.Investments
- Specializing in process improvements, change management, and customized training.
- Process Improvement – Reduction of waste and redundancies.
- LT Consulting offers unique personalized/customized change management solutions. Solutions range from systems solutions to organizational management to implementing technological innovation.
- Customized training to integrate lean thinking into the business, to broaden the skill set of employees, to increase the value of corporate technology.
- “…Within a little over 2 months she has exceeded my expectations in every way. She has been able to streamline procedures that once took hours at the end of each month to just minutes a day. Her influence has improved my staff`s efficiency but more importantly their attitudes.” – Dr. James W. McCann – Atlas Chiropractic, Holyoke, MA
- “…very good working with teams to solve difficult problems, bringing all the skills of lean six sigma and process improvement. Results-oriented and solid with team dynamics.” – Lew Hinman – ITT Power Solutions, UK.