Lean Six Sigma Belt Training Programs and Certifications Available
LSS White Belt Certification
The White Belt certification is basic awareness training that has been designed to provide the core concepts of Lean and Six Sigma with a focus on basic Lean practices and quality improvement tools. Participants will be introduced to the DMAIC methodology - Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control, a Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement Model which combines the disciplines of Lean and Six Sigma. Participants will overview the basic elements of Lean change.
Students do not need to have any previous process improvement experience training.
- (6 hrs e-learning, 2 hrs class)
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Introduction to Lean Principles
- Voice of the Customer
- Mapping the Process
- Eight Wastes
LSS Yellow Belt Training or Certification* (Project Required)
Yellow Belt training introduces the DMAIC methodology - Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control, a Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement Model which combines the disciplines of Lean and Six Sigma. In-depth definitions of the DMAIC phases are given with corresponding tools to aid in managing/completion of a Lean Six Sigma effort or project team. Yellow Belt offers application of DMAIC methodology using process improvement, quality improvement, and lean tools as well as team management skills.
Yellow Belts do not need to have any previous process improvement experience prior to training.
*This course emphasizes interactive simulations, small group interaction, and upon successful completion of a comprehensive real-world project, the participant will become a Certified Yellow Belt.
- (12 hrs e-learning, 8 hrs class)
- Managing the Project
- Kaizen Event
- Current State Value Stream Map (VSM)
- Future State VSM
- Cause and Effect Diagrams
- Flow and Pull Systems
- 5S Methodology
- Visual Management
- Standard Work
- Workplace Design and Layout
- Controlling the Process
LSS Green Belt Training or *Certification (Project Required)
Green Belt training further develops concepts introduced in Yellow Belt training. DMAIC phases are expanded to introduce more complex tools, models, and evaluation methods. Value Stream maps become more detailed; waste will be investigated to identify the sources of defects and the associated quality issues. Project management skills are expanded and reinforced with more tools. Lean Six Sigma tools will be applied – including statistical analysis, waste reduction, and verification of the effectiveness of their solutions as well as more tools introduced and applied. With the training complete, a Green Belt may lead process improvement efforts under the direction of a Black Belt.
Green Belts must have completed the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification requirements.
*This course emphasizes interactive simulations and small group interaction. Green Belt must demonstrate the ability to implement process improvement using Lean Six Sigma methodologies on a comprehensive real-world project, upon successful completion of the project the participant will become a Certified Green Belt.
- (24 hrs e-learning, 16 hrs class)
- Lean Six Sigma Fusion
- What is Statistics?
- Organizing and Presenting Data
- Pareto Analysis, Process Based Costs
- Introduction to Sigma XL, Scatter Diagrams
- Measures of Central Tendency, Dispersion
- Descriptive Statistics: Self-Assessment
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Introduction to Process Capability
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Selecting the Solution
- Introduction to Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Error Proofing, Control Charts
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
LSS Black Belt Certification (Projects Required)
Black Belt certification training delivers in-depth training preparing participants to lead, train, and mentor Lean Six Sigma efforts and project teams. Participants will understand the Six Sigma strategies and tools, the relationship of the transformation components of Lean Six Sigma, how to lead process improvement projects, as well as how to lead and deploy Six Sigma process improvement tools effectively. Students entering this training will gain a detailed understanding of Six Sigma principals and project-applicable best practices. The program includes intensive training and hands-on exercises that will train each participant on how to deploy and lead process improvement strategies effectively within the workplace. The training will conclude with two coached projects wherein each trained Black belt must demonstrate the ability to lead and implement process improvement using Six Sigma tools and integrated strategies.
A Green Belt Certification is required; participants are selected because of their project roles in leading and facilitating process improvement through their employment. Participants work on real world process improvement projects.
- (20 hrs e-Learning, 20 hrs class)
- Comparing ANOVA, Means
- Confidence Interval for the Means
- Continuous Probability Curves (Normal)
- Design of Experiments (Basic/Full Factorial)
- Hypothesis Testing for Non-Parametric Data
- Hypothesis Tests for the Means
- Inferential Statistics Self-Assessment
- Introduction to Probability
- Making Inferences About Proportions
- Making Inferences About Variances
- Managing Change
- Multiple Regression
- Project Management Introduction
- Probability Distribution, Discrete
- Random Variables