Provost Search Committee Update, December 7, 2020
The Provost Search Committee has hit the ground running to begin our search for the next Vice President of Academic Affairs and Provost who will work with Dr. Johnson to lead Western New England University into the future. The search is being conducted with support from Lucy Leske and Sarah Miller from WittKieffer to help us identify and recruit the best candidate for Western New England University.
Search Committee Announced
First Search Committee Meeting
Listening Sessions with campus community:
- President Johnson
- Interim Provost Hamakawa
- Faculty Governance Representatives
- Open Faculty Forum
- Diversity Design Committee
- Department Chairs
- Faculty and Staff who work directly with Provost
- Faculty with active research programs
- Students - campaign to provide information about provost role
Web Survey for WNE Community Input
To provide an opportunity for written input by individuals across the WNE community. The web link was posted on university posts and sent via email.
Search Committee Meeting to discuss priorities from listening sessions
Drafted Leadership Profile
Committee members provided substantive feedback on drafts of profile
Position Announcement Released
Chronicle of Higher Ed, HigherEdJobs, Inside Higher Ed, Diverse: Issues in Higher Ed, Hispanic Outlook, Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, Women in Higher Ed, WittKieffer, AAUP, American Conference of Academic Deans, and AAC&U.
- December: Search Committee Meeting—plan for candidate review process
- January: Review candidates
- February: First round candidate interviews
- March: Second round campus visits and interviews, offer extended!
Please keep in mind that nominations and inquiries are encouraged and can be directed to Lucy Leske and Sarah Miller at WNEProvost@wittkieffer.com. If you know of a great candidate, feel free to forward nominations or share the email address with those who may be interested.