Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering Acoustic Processing for Cell and Gene Therapy Concentration Curriculum
Students must select an advisor and have a plan of study approved before completing 12 program hours.
CORE COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- EMGT-643 Design of Experiments – 3 cr
- ME - 660 Acoustics I – 3 cr
- ME - 626 Advanced Fluid Mechanics I – 3 cr
- ME - 631 Piezo-electricity and Transducers – 3 cr
- ME - 674 Acoustics and Bioprocessing Instrumentation and Measurement – 3 cr
Total Credit Hours: 15
Suggested Elective courses (for a total of 9)
- ME - 661 Acoustics II – 3 Credits
- ME - 642 Numerical Simulation of Acoustics and Fluid Dynamics – 3 Credits
- ME - 663 Bioprocessing – 3 Credits
For the remaining 6 credits the following options are available:
- All Course Option: Two ME 500/600 level courses from an approved list of courses.
- Project Option: Project with presentation (3 credits) and one ME 500 or higher level from an approved list of courses.
- Thesis Option: 6 credits thesis with defense.
Note: Project/Thesis topic, for students employed at a company, must be approved by the student’s supervisor as well as the faculty advisor