Joint Admissions Program
The Joint Admissions Program is offered in collaboration with the following community colleges: Berkshire, Greenfield, Holyoke and Springfield Technical. The program is designed to facilitate the transfer of students earning an associates degree from a designated community college. Participating students must earn a minimum 2.3 cumulative grade point average (based on a 4.0 scale in one of the designated majors), and either the associate degree or a minimum of sixty (60) semester hours. Students are subject to the same transfer credit restrictions that apply to traditional applicants.
The program is best suited for first-time students enrolled at one of the designated community colleges. If you have already earned credit from one of these schools, you are welcome to apply via the Joint Admissions Program, but you may find that the traditional transfer admissions process is more appropriate.
*Students with credit from a college not listed above will need to apply via the traditional transfer admission process.
What are the benefits of the program?
- You will have a structured plan to help facilitate your transfer to Western New England University that includes advisement opportunities with a Western New England University representative while you are enrolled at your community college.
- Ultimately you will earn your bachelor's degree from Western New England University.
How do I sign up?
Enroll at one of the community colleges in the joint program. Next, notify the transfer counselor at your community college as early as possible that you are interested in the Joint Admissions Program with Western New England University. Then complete the Joint Admissions Application.
Are scholarships available?
Students that satisfy the joint admissions semester hour requirements will be considered for the following Transfer Scholarship:
Cumulative Grade Point Average
3.50 - 4.00
3.00 - 3.49
2.50 - 2.99
* Scholarship will be based on the scholarship values available at the time of matriculation; therefore the amounts may be larger. To be eligible, a student must matriculate as a full-time student immediately following the completion of their two-year college degree.
* Students who are Phi Theta Kappa are eligible for an additional $2,000.
STEP # 1 – After you decide to enroll at your community college
Students interested in participating in the Joint Admissions Program with Western New England University should complete a Student Participation Agreement and the Western New England University Joint Admissions Application. If you have previously applied to Western New England University, you will need to complete a form to reactivate your application. Students are encouraged to indicate interest as early as possible to ensure eligibility and a smooth transition. Upon approval for the program, a conditional acceptance letter from Western New England University will be issued. Throughout this process we encourage students to:
- Work with the transfer counselor at your community college.
- Review our catalogue at www.wne.edu/catalogue
- Contact the Admissions Office at Western New England University with questions
- Attend advisement sessions hosted at your college by a Western New England University representative
STEP # 2 – Upon deciding to enroll at Western New England University
Prior to completing 60 semester hours, confirm your intentions to enroll by completing the Joint Admissions Intent to Enroll Form. Copies will be available at the Transfer Office at your community college. Please refrain from submitting this form prior to earning 24 credit hours.
- Upon completing the Intent to Enroll Form, send it and all required materials to the Admissions Office at Western New England University.
Intent to Enroll Form – Additional required materials:
- The application fee is waived for joint admissions students.
- Standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) will be waived for students who have earned at least 12 semester hours.
- Provide official copies of all academic transcripts (college and high school.)
- Once you have completed your last semester, request that an official copy of your final transcript be sent to the Admissions Office.
- International students should review our website for additional information regarding application requirements.
STEP #3 – Final evaluation of academic record(s)
Once the Admissions Office at Western New England University receives an Intent to Enroll Form and official copies of all academic transcripts, a final evaluation of your academic record will be completed. Once it has been determined that you satisfy the admission requirements for your desired program of study, an official acceptance letter will be issued.