Joint Admissions Program
The Joint Admissions Program is offered in collaboration with the following community colleges: Berkshire, Greenfield, Holyoke and Springfield Technical. The program is designed to facilitate the transfer of students earning an associates degree from a designated community college. Participating students must earn a minimum 2.3 cumulative grade point average (based on a 4.0 scale in one of the designated majors), and either the associate degree or a minimum of sixty (60) semester hours. Students are subject to the same transfer credit restrictions that apply to traditional applicants.
What are the benefits of the program?
- You will have a structured plan to help facilitate your transfer to Western New England University that includes advisement opportunities with a Western New England University representative while you are enrolled at your community college.
- Ultimately you will earn your bachelor's degree from Western New England University.
Are scholarships available?
Transfer Merit Scholarships for Fall 2023
- GPA 3.50-4.00: $22,000 per year
- GPA 3.00-3.49: $20,000 per year
- GPA 2.50-2.99: $18,000 per year
- GPA below 2.50: $16,000 per year
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
We also offer an additional $2,000 to students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa at their community college and have a 2.50 or higher composite GPA from all institutions previously attended.
After you decide to enroll at your community college...
- Work with the transfer counselor at your community college.
- Review our catalogue at www.wne.edu/catalogue
- Contact the Admissions Office at Western New England University with questions
- Attend advisement sessions hosted at your college by a Western New England University representative