Alumni Association Grants
The Alumni Association Grants Program offers grants to alumni or members of the University community that support current student programs, student organization initiatives, Alumni Association initiatives, and student and alumni athletics. Since launching the program in 2007, the Alumni Association has awarded 296 grants totaling nearly $400,000.
Awards in the fall of 2017 totaled more than $18,722. More than 5,300 members of the campus community will be engaged through the 15 projects that have been funded. Read about the fall 2017 grants
Details of the program are as follows:
- Applicant(s) must be an alumnus or alumna, student, staff, or faculty member of the Western New England University community.
- The proposed project must follow and be related to the stated purpose of the Grants Program as stated above.
- The Alumni Association funds projects in the $500 - $2,500 range. Awarding of funds and the amount of the award is at the discretion of the Grants Committee.
- Applications must be submitted online or must be type-written.
- Applicants selected for final review may be required to meet with the Grants Committee to discuss the merits of their proposals.
- Grant recipients are required to provide a final report to the Alumni Association Board of Directors detailing the success of the project funded and its impact on the University, students or alumni.
Helping Student Organizations and Programs
Investing in Education and Campus Life
Over the past 10 years, the Alumni Association has awarded nearly $400,000 in grants. The grants are funded by income from the Alumni Association’s Liberty Mutual Western New England University Group Savings Program, as well as the Amazon Smile Program.