Alumni Association Grants
Alumni Association Grants Program
The purpose of the Western New England University Alumni Association Grants Program is to offer grants to alumni or members of the University community that support current student programs, student organization initiatives, Alumni Association initiatives, and student and alumni athletics.
Details of the program are as follows:
- Applicant(s) must be an alumnus or alumna, student, staff, or faculty member of the Western New England University community.
- The proposed project must follow and be related to the stated purpose of the Grants Program as stated above.
- The Alumni Association funds projects in the $500 - $2,500 range. Awarding of funds and the amount of the award is at the discretion of the Grants Committee.
- Applications must be submitted online or must be type-written.
- Applicants selected for final review may be required to meet with the Grants Committee to discuss the merits of their proposals.
- Grant recipients are required to provide a final report to the Alumni Association Board of Directors detailing the success of the project funded and its impact on the University, students or alumni.
Helping Student Organizations and Programs
Investing in Education and Campus Life
In the past 10 years, the Alumni Association has awarded more than $375,000 in grants. The grants are funded by income from the Alumni Association’s Liberty Mutual Western New England University Group Savings Program, as well as the Amazon Associates Program.
Grants fund summer computer camps
Western New England University held two weeklong computer summer camps for high school and middle school students respectively. Nearly 70 area youths participated in this annual high-tech adventure, which was funded in part by an Alumni Association grant. The students discovered how the various components of computers work together, and they spent most of their week learning how to program, creating basic animation and music using two programming environments, Alice and Earsketch.