Pre-Physician Assistant Articulation Agreement
Western New England University and Salus University 3 + 2 Pre-physician Assistant Articulation Agreement
Students who have successfully completed the Western New England University Pre-physician Assistant program requirements can be considered for admission to the Salus University Physician Assistant Studies program, which leads to the Master of Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies.
Applicants to the Salus University Physician Assistant Studies program must:
- Complete the curriculum of 100 credits required by the WNE Pre-physician Assistant program within three academic years.
- Transfer in no credits (including AP credits) of science coursework completed prior to matriculation at WNE and, following matriculation, transfer in no credits for any science or mathematics course satisfying a requirement for the Pre-Physician Assistant program.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.70 or above with no grade in any course less than a ‘C’. Students may not withdraw from or retake any course that would have satisfied any of Pre-Physician Assistant program requirements.
- Complete the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) with minimum Quantitative, Verbal, and Analytical Writing scores greater than or equal to the 60th
- Have accumulated at least the minimum number of required hours of direct patient care experience and PA shadowing as listed on the Salus University website where a list of qualifying experiences is available.
- Submit a completed application to the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) including GRE scores and required letters of recommendation, along with any additional admissions requirements as described on the Physician Assistant Program Application Process page on the Salus University website. Applications should be submitted by August 1, at the start of the third year in the Pre-PA program.
- Successfully complete an interview by the Salus Physician Assistant Department and Office of Admissions.
Salus will reserve up to four (4) seats annually for WNE students as part of the 3+2 Program Articulation Agreement. If there are more than four equally qualified WNE applicants, they will be considered in the order of the timing of their completed CASPA applications. If WNE applicants are not accepted, they will be encouraged to reapply for the following cycle and given consideration for admission to the Salus Physician Assistant Program, along with other applicants in the Salus applicant pool, contingent upon successful student completion of the bachelor’s degree at WNE.
WNE will confer the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree to students who successfully complete the WNE Pre-Physician Assistant program and the first year of the Master of Medical Science program at Salus, provided that all WNE requirements for graduation are met and the student provides WNE with the Salus transcript.
Salus University will confer the Master of Medical Science (MMS) degree to students who successfully complete the Physician Assistant Studies program at Salus.
NOTE: Students interested in applying to other PA programs should check with those schools for their particular admission requirements, which may require applicants to have a bachelor’s degree.