Career Development Center
The Career Development Center is here to help you explore and prepare for your career. Beginning in your first year, you will be introduced to opportunities available through a Western New England University education and experiential learning opportunities. Specialized career counselors for the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, and Engineering are dedicated to identifying and developing resources to help you cultivate your personal career strategy.
Always attuned to your needs through personal interactions, connections with faculty and administration, and identifying trends, the Career Development Center complements and cultivates your success and strengthens the professional skills organizations seek. Our effective combination of education and career programs, strengthened by job search coaching is a valuable complement to a your academic experience.
What's New in the Career Development Center
Tuesday, October 8, 2019 12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m.
Location: Room A, 2nd Floor, St. Germain Campus Center
Be sure to mark your calendar! You don’t want to miss an opportunity to meet with area employers seeking students for internships, part time and full time positions.
Career Development Center Workshops, Career Fairs, Events, and Activities can be found by clicking on the Career Fair and Event List 2019.
Check off your to-do list
- Explore majors, industries, and careers
- Prepare career related documents, résumés, and cover letters
- Identify and prepare for part-time job or internship
- Strategize and identify resources about jobs
- Plan for graduate/professional school
How we can help
- Individual appointments and interactive workshops
- Data on labor market trends
- Employer contacts and connections
- Social media audits
- Recorded Practice Interviews
- First Year Seminar Outreach
- Sophomore Career Connections
- Student Career Advisory Board
- Golden Bear Career Certificate
- AlumniLinks Program
- Academic Internship Program
- On Campus Recruiting and Career Fair Partnerships
- Interactive workshops
The WNE Difference
It’s Never Too Early to Plan for Success
The Career Development Center provides programs from freshman through senior year that help students develop professional skills and job search strategies. Staff members help you write an attention-grabbing résumé, perfect interview skills, review job search strategies, or assist with the graduate school application process. To connect you to potential employers, we organize on-campus career fairs, recruitment activities, and boot camps.