Update for Faculty and Staff
Updated March 25, 2020
Update from D’Amour Library
D'Amour Library is CLOSED until further notice.
However, all of the staff is working remotely and each of us is available via email or telephone to assist with any resources, research, or general questions. You may also use the Ask A Librarian link on the D'Amour Library website to contact the Virtual Reference Desk via chat and email.
Please don't hesitate to contact any of the staff with your questions or concerns. We will be available from 8:30-4:30 all this week. You can find contact information for all of the staff on the Library's web site: https://www1.wne.edu/library/staff-directory.cfm
- D’Amour Library is closed until further notice.
- All staff is working remotely. To contact a staff member, please use email or call her/his office phone number. Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Spring semester hours: Sunday, 1 – 7 p.m.; Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Saturday, CLOSED.
- Please see the new guide: Library Access for Remote Users for information on accessing library resources from off-campus and services to support online learning.
- The lower level computer lab and study area will remain open to current students 24/7. Students must use their University ID to access the area.
- Contact the Virtual Reference Desk or Gina Finnegan should you need your library barcode and PIN to access materials remotely.
- Please contact the Virtual Reference Desk, if you need help linking to a video or article for your online classes.
- The physical collection is now closed due to COVID-19.
- All checked out materials are now due August 25, 2020.
- Please contact Vicky Ludwig should you need new materials for your courses.
- Chat with a librarian or schedule virtual reference appointments via the Ask a Librarian link on the D’Amour Library homepage.
- E-mail questions to email@example.com.
- Spring Break hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Please contact Mary Jane Sobinski-Smith to discuss the various options available for remote information literacy instruction.
- Be sure to check out the many existing course-related LibGuides available on the Library’s website. Simply click the Research Guides button on the homepage.
- The Library will do its best to fulfill all requests that can be filled digitally, but our ability may be limited due to library closures taking effect across the state and nation.
- Requests for print materials may also be severely limited due to library closures and the cessation of the statewide delivery service.
- Please contact Deb Beagle, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any ILL questions and concerns.
- If you currently have books on reserve in the library, please email Gina Finnegan, email@example.com, with the pages/chapters you might need for the remainder of the semester. If you have material that needs to be added, please email Gina the complete bibliographic information. While there are copyright restrictions on the quantity of any book that can be shared, we will try our best to get your students what they need to complete their studies with as little additional disruption as possible. Non-digital materials that need to be digitized will be added once a week, so please plan accordingly.
- Contact Gina Finnegan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions you may have concerning the use of reserves for the remainder of the semester.