Update for Students
Updated March 25, 2020
Update from D’Amour Library
D’Amour Library is CLOSED until further notice.
Just like you, the D’Amour Library staff is working remotely during the COVID-19 emergency. But we are still working for and with you, so we wanted you to know how library services have changed and how to contact us while you complete the semester online.
Each staff member is available via email or telephone (use our office phone number please) to assist with any resources, research, or general questions. You may also use the Ask A Librarian link on the D'Amour Library website to contact the Virtual Reference Desk via chat and email.
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of us as we work together through this very challenging time. Stay healthy and safe and we’ll see each other again in the Fall!
D’Amour Library Services Update for Students, March 24, 2020
- D’Amour Library is CLOSED until further notice.
- All staff is working remotely. To contact a staff member, please use email or call her/his office phone number. Spring Break hours: M-F 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Spring semester hours: Sunday, 1:00– 7:00 p.m.; Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Saturday, CLOSED.
- Please see the new guide: Library Access for Remote Users for information on accessing library resources from off-campus and services to support online learning.
- The lower level computer lab and study area will remain open to current students 24/7. Students must use their University ID to access the area. There is a black and white printer available in the lab.
- All online resources are available remotely. Be sure to access them from the Library’s website. Once you authenticate you will have the same access you would have on-campus.
- Contact the Virtual Reference Desk or Gina Finnegan should you need your library barcode and PIN to access materials remotely.
- The Library’s physical collection is closed due to the danger of COVID-19 contamination.
- All checked out materials are now due August 25, 2020. No fines will be assessed until after that date. Please keep track of anything you have checked out while you are away. Returning it will give us a chance to welcome you back to campus!
- Please make use of Interlibrary Loan to get digital copies of articles and book chapters you might need for papers and projects.
- Chat with a librarian or schedule virtual reference appointments via the Ask a Librarian link on the D’Amour Library homepage.
- E-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spring Break hours: M-F 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Sunday Mar. 29, 1:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Use the Ask A Librarian form to leave us questions after desk hours.
- Be sure to check out the many existing course-related LibGuides available on the Library’s website. Simply click the Research Guides button on the homepage.
- Schedule an individual virtual Research Consultation with an instruction librarian.
- The Library will do its best to fulfill all requests that can be filled digitally, but our ability may be limited due to library closures taking effect across the state and nation.
- Please contact Deb Beagle, email@example.com, with any ILL questions and concerns.
- Only e-reserves will be available while D’Amour Library is closed.
- Contact the Virtual Reference Desk or Gina Finnegan should you need your library barcode and PIN to access materials remotely or if you are having trouble with an e-reserve item. The default PIN is 9999.
- Many of the textbooks that are on reserve are available via RedShelf. Scroll to the bottom to find ACCESS FREE EBOOKS. You will need to create an account in order to check out a book. Contact Vicky Ludwig should you have questions.