The Transportation Department provides and maintains in a safe and first class manner a modern fleet of vans and automobiles available for use by students, faculty, and staff to carry out their educational and administrative goals. These University vehicles are for University-related activities and local travel only. The maximum radius is 100 miles without additional approval.
In order to be able to drive one of the Western New England University vehicles, the following procedures must be completed.
- Becoming a certified driver: You must go to the Public Safety website, enter your information and successfully complete the DDC training. After completion, be sure to retain the certificate for your records.
- Becoming an approved driver: To be an approved driver, you must provide a legible copy of your current valid drivers license to Facilities Management.
- Maintaining your Approved Driver Status:
- Faculty/Staff - A faculty/staff member must provide Facilities Management with a legible copy of their drivers license. If your license expires, you obtain a license from a different state, you leave the Universities employment but return as a faculty, student, or volunteer, you must once again provide us with your license.
- Students - A student must supply Facilities Management with a leigible copy of their valid drivers license. At the beginning of each school year, or if your license expires, you obtain a license from a different state, or if you leave the University and return, you must once again provide us with your license.
- Volunteers - All volunteers must provide a legible copy of their valid drivers license at the beginning of every year.
After all of these steps have been completed, you may then apply to obtain one of the Western New England University vehicles using the Vehicle Request Form.