Transitions - Fall 2020
SOAR is just the beginning!
As the summer comes to a close, first year students arrive at Western New England University and unlock a world of new opportunities. There will be many avenues to explore and plenty of opportunities for involvement. It is by taking full advantage of all that the University has to offer, that you will access the possibilities. It is through your participation that you will make connections and establish relationships. Going to Transitions events will be the beginning of memories made and stories yet to be told.
Your Guide to Transitions 2020
What is Transitions?
Transitions ushers in the academic year and allows students to explore the realities associated with academic and social responsibility. Transitions is filled with opportunities to join a club, sign the Community Covenant, attend Fall Convocation, search for student employment, enjoy food from local food trucks, listen to great live bands on the Commonwealth Lawn, and get to meet your fellow Golden Bears.
What is Happening on the First Weekend?
We have made every effort to make your first weekend at college fun and entertaining while allowing time to settle into the University community. Check out the Transitions 2020 Highlights flyer to see what we have planned! Some events include food trucks, acoustic music, First Night Fest featuring hypnotist Jim Spinnato, a concert on Commonwealth Lawn, laser tag, trivia, and a Saturday Night Program put on by CAB and RHA.
Move In Day Map
Please follow this map and its stops in the Campus Center for move in day. Students will be able to get their photo taken for their IDs, complete forms for student employment with Human Resources, meet with an Enrollment Services counselor, get textbooks, and pick up their mailbox key.
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS THE FIRST WEEKEND
Wednesday, August 26 and Thursday, August 27
- University Dining Commons open 7:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. (grab and go)
- Residence halls open at 8:30 a.m.
- University bookstore opens at 9:00 a.m.
- Enrollment Services representatives available
- Students pick up their campus mailbox keys
- Meetings with Peer Advisors and Resident Advisors
- First Night Fest featuring hypnosis Jim Spinnato and concert by Almande (advanced sign up needed)
Friday, August 28
- PA meetings
- Food trucks
- Laser tag, ThinkFast Trivia, Magician Daniel Martin virtual event (advanced sign ups needed)
Saturday, August 29
- Carnival Day on Commonwealth Lawn (advanced sign up needed)
- Saturday Night Program sponsored by CAB and RHA
Sunday, August 30
- Schedule changes/course registration
- Student meetings with Peer Advisors