Bryan’s Famous Taco Dip
FROM BRYAN GROSS, VP FOR ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING
This is a recipe that I picked up when I was an undergraduate student at Penn State University and I have been making it to great fanfare for the past twenty-plus years. The great thing about this recipe is that there are so many ways you can make it. Add or subtract toppings as you choose, make it spicy, or divide your tray in half to please the picky eater in your family.
What You'll Need:
- 1 disposable aluminum plan approx. 20x13x6. Using a disposable allows for quick and easy clean-up. Just throw the leftovers in the fridge or toss them in the garbage when done. No washing of dirty dishes with this recipe!
- 2 cans of chili. You can choose whatever brand and variety you like. You can choose organic, vegan, spicy, or homestyle varieties. Bryan recommends 2 cans of Amy’s organic meat chili.
- 2 blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese. Philadelphia melts better than the generic brands.
- 2 packages of shredded cheese. You can choose the variety that you would like. Bryan recommends 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar and 2 cups of shredded Mexican.
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 large package of Scoop Tortilla Chips or any tortilla chips
- Small plates for serving (optional)
Bring cream cheese blocks to room temperature. Spread both packages on the bottom of the disposable tray evenly.
Open Cans of Chili and poor on top of cream cheese. Make sure it is spread evenly.
Add two packages of shredded cheese on top of chili. Spread evenly. Add salt on top.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 425 degrees for approximately 25min. You may want to take the foil off for the last 5 min to melt the cheese on top. Keep your eye on the tray while in the oven as all ovens heat at different rates. When the cheese is melted, it is done.
Cut both tomato and ½ onion into finely diced pieces
Place tomato and onion on top of the tray when it comes out of the oven. Feel free to add fresh jalapeno pepper or olives as you like.
- Place a large spoon in Taco Dip and Serve with Scoop Tortilla chips.