Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
FROM Scott Coopee, Chief Information Officer
Great slow cooker recipe for families on the go.
What You'll Need:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups beef broth divided use
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 12 ounces egg noodles cooked in salted water according to package directions 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese cut into small cubes 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large pan. Season the beef with salt and pepper on all sides.
Add half of the beef to the pan in a single layer. Brown for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Add the meat to the slow cooker. Repeat the browning process with the other half of the beef.
Add the mushrooms and onion to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
Add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic to the slow cooker.
Pour 1 1/2 cups beef broth and Worcestershire sauce into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
Whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup beef broth with the corn starch. Pour the mixture into the crockpot and stir. Cook covered on HIGH for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Uncover the crockpot and add the sour cream and cream cheese, stirring until a smooth sauce forms. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Turn off slow cooker. Pour the cooked egg noodles into the slow cooker and stir until they are fully coated in the sauce.
Sprinkle parsley over the top, then serve.
Chief Information Officer
Scott is the university's Chief Information Officer and has been with the university since 2009. He is the proud father of a WNE graduate and a current undergraduate student.