Welcome to the Western New England University Health Services website. Health Services is structured much as an urgent care center. We are staffed by board certified nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Health Services delivers healthcare to all registered students in Western New England University and employees.
We pride ourselves on the efficient, comprehensive, confidential healthcare we provide and the respect we assign our patients.
Changes for 2019-2020 academic year
This semester there will be some changes to our business practices in Health Services at Western New England University we think you should know about!
Simply put, we will begin billing your health insurance provider for services provided to your student at Health Services, much like your primary care health care provider, but importantly we will not charge a co-pay.
Students will be asked for their Health Insurance Card on each visit and will be asked to sign a HIPAA release form and billing agreement on their first visit, just like your health care provider's office.
Payment will be made by your insurance provider to the University. Your student will be responsible for, and billed, only if there is any remaining balance. Bills outstanding after 90 days will be added as a charge on the student’s University bill. Any students without billable health insurance coverage will have fees added directly to their student account.
If you have any questions about these updates, please feel free to contact Health Services at 413-782-1211.
- Urgent Care
- Employee Health
- Orthopedic Care
- Mental Health
- Women's Health
- Pap, STD testing, birth control, Plan B for purchase, condoms free of charge.
- Rapid strep, mono, pregnancy, flu and urine testing
- Small surgical procedures; suturing, incision and drainage, toenail removal, etc.
- EKG and Diagnostic testing
- Health Education
- Specialty Referral
Need Your Prescription Brought to Campus?
Big Y Pharmacy located on 300 Cooley Street, Springfield, MA 01128 delivers to WNE Health Services Monday-Friday.
To set up an account with Big Y Pharmacy for delivery:
- Call the pharmacy (413-783-0105) and provide the following information:
- Patient Information: Name, date of birth, home address, cell number, any allergies.
- Insurance Information: BIN#, PCN#, ID#, RX Group#
- Transfer from another pharmacy: Pharmacy name, Pharmacy phone number, RX#, Drug name
- To Bill a credit card: Card #, Expiration date
After your initial set-up, you are responsible for calling the pharmacy directly for prescribed refills. Any prescriptions ordered after 11:00 a.m. will be delivered on the following day.
Pick-up of medications in Health Services is between 2:00 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.