Jump to Main Content
Jump to Primary Navigation
Jump to Footer
Info for Students
- WNE UserID/Username and password
- Your WNE UserID/Username and password combination is your key to your online courses. Visit the Login Help page to activate your account for the first time, or to change or reset your password.
- Kodiak is our nickname for the D2L Brightspace online learning environment. It's the web program you'll use to access course materials, interact online with your instructor and classmates, submit homework assignments, take exams, and much more. Visit the Kodiak for Students page for basic tips and short how-to videos. You'll find links to a searchable online help system under Kodiak's Help menu, and you can also Contact Educational Technology to get help with Kodiak.
- Echo360 is our video streaming system. If your course uses Echo360 you'll find a link to the videos within your Kodiak classroom. Just click the Echo360 link, select a video from the list, and click the Play button.
- Zoom is an online meeting app used to enable live, real-time meetings that very closely simulate a traditional classroom experience. (Zoom sessions can also be recorded for on-demand viewing after the live session has ended.) Your Kodiak classroom will include links to Zoom sessions if your instructor uses the technology. Just click the link, then enter your name and either download and install the Zoom app if this is your first use, or allow your web browser to launch Zoom to continue on to the live session. Visit the Zoom resource page to learn more.
- Microsoft 365
- All WNE students, staff, and faculty members are entitled to 1 TB of cloud storage, FREE downloads of Microsoft Office for personal computers (Mac or PC) and iPad/Android devices, and the ability to create, edit, and share Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote) using a web browser. Read Getting Started with Microsoft 365 to learn more.
- Microsoft Lens
- Although it's a simple idea, we are including MS Lens in this list because it can be so useful. This app uses the camera on your phone or tablet that to scan a document into a PDF File. Read the Microsoft Lens Student Guide to learn more.