The Adobe Connect web conferencing system enables online meeting experiences for collaboration, virtual classrooms, and large scale webinars. Connect is primarily used to support College of Business graduate programs, however a limited number of licenses are available for other uses. Adobe Connect is supported by OIT's Educational Technology & Training group; contact Suzanne.Orlando@wne.edu to learn more.
Adobe Connect can be accessed at https://wne.adobeconnect.com.
A Web Conferencing System for Live Meetings
- Audio options:
- You can give microphone rights to none, only some, or all of your students. You can ask students to “raise their hands” to request microphone rights.
- A “Single speaker” mode can also be used – anyone can speak, but only one person at a time.
- Text chat allows participants to type comments.
- Optional webcam use for presenter and/or participants.
- Share documents you uploaded to your Content Library, including PowerPoint, PDF, certain video formats.
- Share your entire computer desktop (students see your computer screen.)
- Share an individual application window such as Excel, Word, or PowerPoint
- You can give a student full rights, so they can present for the class.
- Sessions can be recorded
- Other features
- File share pod – upload files for student download.
- Q&A pod – Manage student questions in an organized way.
- Poll pod – interactive polling tool
- Notes pod – Faculty presenter can type notes seen by all.
- Web links – provide list of links to students.
How-to Guides for Instructors
- Our own guides