Kodiak's Content tool is used to create, upload, link and organize course materials and course activities. Content is the core of a well-designed online course.
Educational Technology offered online Kodiak Content workshops throughout summer 2020. The resources below present the same information delivered during those workshops. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to schedule a one-on-one online meeting to fill in any missing details.
- Content Workshop Handout (PDF)
- The handout provided to attendees.
- Sample Files (ZIP)
- This ZIP file contains the sample Word, JPG, PowerPoint, and PDF files used during the demonstration.
- VIDEO: Layout and Creating Modules (6:39)
- About the four parts of Content, plus how to create modules.
- VIDEO: Uploading Files (5:25)
- How to upload files to course modules, including drag-and-drop method.
- VIDEO: Viewing Content (3:21)
- Content from a student's perspective.
- VIDEO: Create a file (8:42)
- Using the HTML editor to create a file directly within Kodiak.
- VIDEO: Create a link (1:32)
- Point your students to an external website.
- VIDEO: Rearranging Modules and Topics (3:11)
- Change the order of modules and topics.
- VIDEO: Linking to Activities (8:07)
- Demonstrates how link Assignments to course modules.
- VIDEO: Hiding and Start,End, Due Dates (8:22)
- Control access to course materials and activities.
- VIDEO: Release Conditions (4:28)
- Require students to do "that" before they're allowed to see "this".
- VIDEO: Completion Tracking (3:41)
- Who did what, and when?