Echo360 is a system for creating and streaming instructional videos and audio-only podcasts. In its latest incarnation, the product is called the “Active Learning Platform” or simply ALP. Contact Suzanne.Orlando@wne.edu or Steven.Narmontas@wne.edu for an introduction to Echo360
Start learning about Echo360 here: Echo360 Questions and Answers
Record in the Classroom
Record your actual class meetings. Rooms currently set up for recording include:
- CSP 119, 200*, 300*, 400*, 301, 302, 305, 306, 307
- Churchill 112
- Sleith 100, 104, 105*, 106, 107*, 108*, 111*, 112, 218, 219, 220, 223, 301*
- Herman 201, 300, 302, 312
- LAW A, B, C, D, 1, 2, 3, 4
- D'Amour 215
* denotes rooms with an Echo360 capture appliance, others use Echo360 Classroom Capture (CCAP) software. The appliances can record any image displayed on the projector closest to the instructor's desk, including a personal laptop brought into the room. The CCAP software can only record the display of the instructor's PC that's part of the room's standard technology. CCAP can't record a laptop brought into the room, but it can record the room's document cam using special software provided.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Suzanne Orlando at x1765 if you're interested in using Echo360 in a classroom that's not currently equipped.
- WNE-specific Instructions for Echo360 Capture Appliance
- WNE-specific instructions for Classroom Capture (CCAP)
- Best Practices for Classroom Recording
Relevant Echo360 Help pages:
- Using Classroom Capture (CCAP)
- Selecting Inputs for Classroom Capture (CCAP)
- Selecting Output Quality for Classroom Capture (CCAP)
- Echo360 Academic Staff Guide (more than most need to know)
Record with your personal computer
Echo360's "Personal Capture" (PCAP) software allows you to use any computer (Windows or Mac) to create recordings and publish them to the Echo360 system.
Import videos from other sources
Echo360's media import function allows common media formats, such as mp3, m4v and wmv, to be uploaded to the system. You can also use the Echo360 Mobile Upload app to record with your smartphone.