Diversity Law Day
February 29, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
The workshop will address minority and diversity issues related to law school and the application process. The focus of the workshop is to help minority and diversity students address their current and future law school applications. LGBT and non-traditional students will also benefit from this program. We hope that this program will be a step toward bridging the law school gap that currently exists for minority and diversity students in the New England region. The event will be held in the Blake Law Center and lunch will be provided.
Join admissions professionals from:
Western New England University School of Law
Boston University School of Law
New England Law | Boston
University of Connecticut School of Law
Western New England University, Blake Law Center
1215 Wilbraham Rd
Springfield, MA 01119
- Current law students discuss their paths to law school and their law school experience
- Registering for the LSAT
- Creating a CAS account with LSAC
- How to submit applications
- What are law schools looking for?
- What is the Committee looking for?
- What should your résumé include?
- What types of experiences are beneficial?
- Discussion of the importance of personal statements/addendums and what should be addressed in a personal statement
- Examples of personal statements
- Supplemental essays and addenda
- How to disclose previous misconduct
- Examples of letters of recommendation and suggestions on how to obtain a positive recommendation
- Discussion of the financial aid process, scholarship resources, and student loan debt
- Current admissions professionals and law students will be available for questions