Diversity Law Day
Diversity Law Day will be held on Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The goal of the Diversity Law Day Workshops is to help diversity candidates strengthen their applications by addressing diversity related issues as they pertain to law school and the application process. The Workshops will feature admissions representatives from Western New England University School of Law, Boston University School of Law, New England Law Boston, and the University of Connecticut School of Law. We hope that the program is a step towards bridging the law school gap that currently exists for diversity students in the New England region. All prospective law students are welcome to attend.
Workshop topics will include:
- At the conclusion of the workshop, a representative from KAPLAN will be present to provide an overview of the LSAT and distribute a take-home practice test.
- Current law students discuss their paths to law school and their law school experience
- Registering for the LSAT
- Creating a CAS account with LSAC
- How to submit applications
- What are law schools looking for?
- What is the Committee looking for?
- What should your résumé include?
- What types of experiences are beneficial?
- Discussion of the importance of personal statements/addendums and what should be addressed in a personal statement
- Examples of personal statements
- Supplemental essays and addenda
- How to disclose previous misconduct
- Examples of letters of recommendation and suggestions on how to obtain a positive recommendation
- Discussion of the financial aid process, scholarship resources, and student loan debt
- Current admissions professionals and law students will be available for questions