Simulations and Specialized Skills Courses
In addition to clinics and externships opportunities, Western New England School of Law offers a number of courses that help students learn by engaging in simulations of the kind of real-world lawyering that normally takes place outside of the classroom. These courses teach oral argument skills, negotiation skills, mediation skills, transactional and litigation drafting skills, problem solving, and much more.
Our simulation courses have rich factual scenarios involving complex legal issues that give students the opportunity to learn critical lawyering skills in a safe environment that promotes self-reflection and allows for direct faculty feedback with video-recorded sessions in many cases.
Simulation courses are offered in the areas of trial methods, negotiation, arbitration, mediation, business, bankruptcy, tax, and real estate.
Below is a sampling of our simulation courses.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Survey
- Child Protection Law Simulation
- Criminal Procedure Simulation
- Client Interview, Counsel & Legal Advocacy Skills
- Estate Planning
- Federal Income Tax Simulation
- Federal Litigation: Pretrial
- Negotiation, Mediation & Arbitration
- Negotiations Skills & Practice
- Transactional Lawyering Seminar
- Trial Methods
Please view our course offerings for more information on simulation courses.