Jump to Footer

University Events FAQs

COVID-19 Protocol

Can I still host an event during COVID-19?

Yes, internal in-person events and meetings are still allowed, but they must follow the most up-to-date guidance from the State of Massachusetts. 

Are there any safety protocols I should be aware of for my event related to COVID-19?

Yes, currently indoor gatherings can accommodate a maximum of 25 people, and outdoor gatherings can accommodate a maximum of 50 people.

All events should follow sanitization, physical distancing (6 feet apart), and mask-wearing safety practices.

How many people can I have at my event?

Currently indoor gatherings can accommodate a maximum of 25 people, and outdoor gatherings can accommodate a maximum of 50 people.

Exceptions to the current guidance are limited to classroom instruction only. Dining facilities  are considered to be a restaurant and must follow a separate set of rules.

What can I do to keep the number of event attendees within state guidelines?

Consider the following to keep attendance levels within guidelines:

  • Pre-register your attendees.
  • Extend the time of your event to allow waves of people to attend, with clear entrance and exit points.
  • Book multiple spaces for an event to spread out the attendees.

Is food allowed at events?

Yes, but all food must be ordered through Aramark Food Service, and must be prepackaged.

  • Food waivers are NOT allowed. No outside food is permitted.
  • Buffets are not allowed. Plated dinners can take place on the 3rd floor of the University Commons.
  • Food Trucks are permitted on a case-by-case basis

Other COVID-19 Restrictions

No linen/skirts allowed at this time. All hard surfaces must be easily cleaned.

Reserving Spaces and Resources

I need to reserve a space for an event, what do I do?

You can either reserve a space yourself using our ESS, or you can call the University Events Office at 413-782-1567, or email the staff at wne.events@wne.edu.

What additional steps do I need to take if my event is for a Student Club or Organization?

You must fill out the Google calendar request form with Student Leadership and Involvement.

All student events must be approved by the Office of Student Leadership and Involvement before reserving space in the ESS.

Who can reserve space on campus?

All members of the Campus Community can use the ESS to reserve space. Some populations will have limitations to the spaces they have permission to individually reserve and will need to contact University Events directly.

What types of event space are available to reserve on campus?

Classrooms, conference rooms, information tables for table sitting, large event space, outdoor space, the fourth floor of the University Commons, and some spaces in the Anthony S. Caprio Alumni Healthful Living Center.

Who do I order food with?

Aramark Catering Manager, Dawn Taylor: 413-782-1636 or taylor-dawn@aramark.com

Who can reserve different resources for my event?

If your event needs resources such as tables, chairs, linen/skirts, Media Services, Public Safety, tents, etc., University Events staff can reserve/coordinate all of these items in the Events Scheduling System.

All electrical needs should be submitted through a work order.

What other ancillary services/departments can University Events coordinate with?

  • Public Safety
  • Food Service
  • Facilities
  • Athletics
  • Student Leadership and Involvement
  • School of Law

I need signage for my event, how do I get it printed?

Send a file to the University Events staff, with the number of signs needed, desired locations, and account number to be charged.