Mission, Vision & Values
The Western New England University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences prepares entry-level practitioners to provide pharmacy care to an increasingly diverse patient population in a variety of practice environments. The comprehensive learner-centered educational program fosters critical thinking skills, embraces professionalism, and instills a commitment to lifelong learning, community service, and leadership. The College enhances the knowledge base of the pharmacy profession through teaching, service, research, and scholarly activity.
Vision and Values
The Western New England University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is prominently known for excellence in the preparation of pharmacy practitioners as educators of patients and other healthcare professionals and leaders for the betterment of patient care and the community.
- We value personal and professional development through lifelong learning. Our program creates an environment for faculty, learners, and pharmacy practitioners to learn, maintain, and expand their knowledge, skills, and attitudes in order to provide pharmacy services and meet the healthcare needs of the patients they serve.
- We value a learner-centered approach to education. Our educational program is focused on our learners who are primarily responsible for attaining their own educational outcomes; faculty and staff help guide and facilitate the learning process in partnership with learners.
- We value teamwork and collaboration. Achievement and success result from the contributions from all team members (learners, faculty, staff, patients, pharmacy practitioners, and other healthcare professionals). Teamwork and collaboration are essential in creating optimal patient care outcomes.
- We value professionalism. We believe professionalism is defined by the principles of excellence, humanism, accountability, and altruism.
- We value the belief that the provision of pharmacy care is a privilege which requires engendering the trust of patients and other healthcare professionals.
- We value an open learning environment–defined as informed discussions for the betterment of the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences for our community of learners (faculty, staff, students, and practitioners).
- We value the pursuit of new knowledge. We are committed to the research and scholarship of our community of learners.
- We value innovation and forward thinking. Our commitment is to prepare learners for pharmacy practice, using practice models of today and innovative models destined to be those of the future.
- We value service, advocacy, and leadership. Our commitment is to serve the community (local and global) both as citizens and healthcare professionals.