Department of Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences
The mission of the Department of Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences is to provide excellent teaching, research and service in the fields of pharmacology, pharmaceutics, medicinal chemistry, and social and administrative sciences. The Department offers education and training programs through a hybrid traditional and integrated curriculum designed to forge independent, lifelong learners and competent pharmacists. The Department is dedicated to scholarly efforts in the arenas of educational, pharmaceutical and administrative sciences. In addition, the Department supports the provision of professional and community services, in a myriad of ways, to the College, University, greater Springfield, New England, as well as national and international professional communities.
Department of Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences Faculty
Daniel R. Kennedy, Ph.D.
Chair and Associate Professor
David M. Baker, B.S. Pharm., M.B.A., J.D.
Diptiman Bose, Ph.D.
Shannon Kinney, Ph.D.
James J. Knittel, Ph.D.
Hamed Gilzad Kohan, Pharm.D., Ph.D.
Clinton Mathias, Ph.D.
Ronny Priefer, Ph.D.
Jilla Sabeti, Ph.D.
Shabnam N. Sani, Pharm.D., Ph.D.
Natalia Shcherbakova, Ph.D.
Rodney Siwale, Ph.D.
- 400 MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR): (Bruker)
- Q20 Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC): TA Instruments
- Q50 Thermal Gravimetric Analyzer (TGA): TA Instruments
- ALPHA-Platinum Fourier Transform Infrared Spectophotometer (FTIR): Bruker
- Cary 60 UV-Vis with fiber-optic microprobe: Agilent Technologies
- Elite LaChrom HPLC: Hitachi
- Nano Drop Spectrometer: Thermo Scientific
- PS3 Peptide Synthesizer: Protein Technologies
- Initiator+ Microwave Synthesizer: Biotage
- CombiFlash Rf Automated Column Chromatograph: Teledyne ISCO
- Hypoxic Glove Box: Coy Laboratory
- BLC-20 HPLC: Buck Scientific
- Delso Nano C Particle Analyzer: Beckman Coulter
- Flow Cytometer: Becton Dickinson
- CFX Connect Real-Time PCR: Bio-Rad
- ChemiDoc XRS+ Molecular Imager: Bio-Rad
- Spectra Max M3 Plate Reader: Molecular Devices
- Provis Fluorescence Microscope: Olympus
- Heated Spray Dryer: Columbia International
- Lyophilizer: Labconco FreeZone
- Soxhlet extractor: Gerhardt SoxthermSpecial Facilities
- Cell Culture Lab
- Dark Room
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Cochrane Collection Plus
- DynaMed Plus
- Epocrates (available on the web)
- Facts and Comparisons
- GlobalRPH (available on the web)
- International Pharmaceutical Abstracts
- JoVE: General Laboratory Techniques
- Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference
- Medicines Complete
- MEDLINE with Full Text
- Medscape (available on the web)
- Natural Medicines
- Pharmacy Library
- Physician’s Desk Reference (available on the web)
- Quetzal Advanced (trial)
- Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy
- Science in Context
- Science.gov (available on the web)
- TOXNET (available on the web)
- USP Dictionary