Izabela A. Collier
Clinical Associate Professor of Ambulatory Care
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Office: CSP 422
LinkedIn Account: Click Here
Dr. Izabela Collier is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the College of Pharmacy at Western New England University. She received her B.S. degree in Pharmacy and Pharm.D. from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. She worked at Baystate Medical Center for 10 years in both inpatient and outpatient settings. As a pharmacist and Certified Diabetes Educator, she co-founded the Diabetes Center of Western Massachusetts. Most recently, she founded Diabetes Pharmacy Clinic at the VA of Central Western Massachusetts where she provides Medication Therapy Management and consultations to Veterans with diabetes. This clinic surpassed initial expectations and has extended its’ services to the Springfield location. Her areas of interest in diabetes include a team approach to chronic disease management and integration of pharmacist into patient centered medical home model.
- Health Care Communications in PY1 year;
- Endocrine/Reproduction/Genitourinay Integrated Pharmacy Care and Patient Management Course in PY3 year;
- Women’s Health Across the Lifespan elective
Diabetes Management and Education; Health Care Communications; Health and Wellness; Patient Centered Care/Medical Home Model; Health Literacy
Collier, I.A., Baker, D.M. (2014, January 1). Implementation of a pharmacist-supervised outpatient diabetes treatment clinic. American Journal of Health Systems Pharmacists; Volume 71,
Collier IA, Implementing a Pharmacist-Diabetes Treatment Clinic (DTC). Westberg SM, Currie JD, Garwood CL. American College of Clinical Pharmacy Ambulatory Care Pharmacist’s Survival Guide, 3rd Edition. Lenexa, Kansas; 2013; pp. 86-95.
Dr. Collier currently serves on a board of Massachusetts Coordinating Body of American Association of Diabetes Educators.
Other professional memberships:
- ACCP (American College of Clinical Pharmacy), Member
- ACPE (Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education), Member
- NCBDE (National Council of Certified Diabetes Educators), Member
- AADE (American Association of Diabetes Educators), Regional Board Member
- Western LNG Networking Group, Chair
- ASHP (American Society of Health Systems Pharmacist), Member
- Western Mass Association of Certified Diabetes Educators, Member
VA Central Western Massachusetts: Leeds, MA and Springfield, MA Practice
Focus: Diabetes Management