Golden Bear Pharmacy Summer Camp
2019 Golden Bear Summer Camp: June 24–28, 2019
8:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (lunch is provided)
Interested in learning about the field of Pharmacy? Apply for a spot in our FREE week-long summer camp experience for high school students who want to learn about careers in pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences through hands-on learning experiences.
Applications are accepted from January 28,
The day camp is open to high school students who demonstrate strong academic skills and an interest in pharmacy or the pharmaceutical sciences. A goal of this camp is to share this opportunity with as many different students possible. As such, students may only attend this camp one time. We will enroll Juniors and Seniors first, then underclassmen. We typically enroll 50 students for the week-long day camp.
- Learn about different career paths in pharmacy
- Get tips on how to prepare for a career in pharmacy
Hands onactivities and demonstrations Campis free for all participants*
- Lunch will be provided
- Registration will open on January 28, 2019
- Application deadline is April 1, 2019
occupancy: 50 students
- Applicants will be notified about acceptance within two weeks after the deadline.
* If you are accepted and do not attend without prior notification, you will be charged a $150 fee.
We'd like to thank our sponsors!
- WNE Alumni Association
- Walgreens Pipeline Initiative Development Grant
- MassHire Hampden County Workforce Board
- Western Mass Pharmacists Association
- Bob Dobek
Community Pharmacy & Ambulatory Care
Many pharmacist work with people out in the community at your local retail stores. Filling prescriptions, counseling patients about their medications or answering questions from patients and other healthcare providers. They can also work on healthcare teams in outpatient clinics with specific populations of patients.
Pharmacist can work in a hospital compounding medications for individual patients or working with the medical team to make sure every patient gets the best treatment.
To be a pharmacist, you must also learn how to work and compound various dosage forms.
As newer personalized medication becomes more popular, pharmacist must learn how to work with genetics.
General Education and Admissions
Learn about the college application and how to stand out regardless of where you apply!
Interested in other healthcare professions? Come and learn what being an occupational therapist is all about!