There are several levels of variable printing. At the basic level, mailing addresses are applied to a document (e.g. a postcard), as they are printed. As the levels advance, you can change the salutation or name on each piece to correspond to the addressee. More complicated variable data printing enables us to customize fields for each recipient. This allows for text and images to change for each individual, based upon a predetermined criteria.
All variable data printing begins with a basic design that defines static elements and variable fields for the pieces to be printed. While the static elements appear exactly the same on each piece, the variable fields are filled in with text or images, specific to an individual or business. To meet your printing and mailing timeframe, one-on-one consultations are recommended to discuss your pricing and scheduling needs.
The use of Variable Data allows for the following:
- Printing personalized information per piece
- Addressing when a piece is being printed for small and large quantities
- Addressing to meet bulk mailing discount with intelligent bar codes
- A combination of printing and addressing processes (contact Mail and Print Services to schedule the combined requests)
- Reduced inventory with on-demand printing
Print Service Information
Print Services offers one-on-one consultations to provide the departments with the most economical means of printing for various projects. In collaboration with Marketing and External Affairs Staff, we look forward to working with all of the departments on campus to build and sustain the University’s branding.
Print Services offers the following:
- Black and white digital photocopying
- Full-color digital copying
- NCR (carbonless paper)
- 3-hole punching
- Binding—plastic comb, spiral, and wire
- Booklet making (saddle stitch)
- Cutting and trimming
- Label making
- Shrink wrapping
- Numbering (tickets, invoices, etc.)