Lean Six Sigma Green and Yellow Belt Certificates
EARN YOUR ACCREDITED YELLOW OR GREEN BELT CERTIFICATION ONLINE
In today’s competitive climate, the question is not whether you need Lean Six Sigma training, but when. With Lean Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt Certification from Western New England University, you’ll be ready.
Western New England University has partnered with Solomon EOS to launch a news series of online workshops for training in Lean Six Sigma methodologies starting in January 2021.
Add Value Through Immediate Application
Lean Thinking offers a disciplined approach to systems improvement that is key to saving money, improving quality and increasing customer satisfaction. Through these workshops, what you learn today can have immediate application to your work tomorrow and add measurable value to your organization. Here’s how:
- Over a four-year period, the median payback for greenbelt led projects within a company is $150,000 per project in the first year. (source: University of Texas at Arlington)
- Most Yellow/Green belt teams (3-4 members) can complete 4-5 LSS projects per year for a total of $750,000 annual savings.
- Cost savings continue to pay back year after year. The savings don't disappear!
Whether you work in manufacturing, healthcare, or business, earning your certification will provide the skills you need to hear to the voice of the customer, identify critical to quality metrics, analyze existing systems for opportunities and deliver on improving those systems.
A Smart Investment in Your Future
Best of all, earning Lean Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt certification can heighten your profile and value within your organization, increase your earning potential, and position you for advancement opportunities. In fact, the National average salary range is $71,000 - $102,000 per year for Green Belt Certificate holders and $67,000 - $99,000 per year for Yellow Belt Certificate holders (source: salary.com).
Be sure to use to the WNE code: SEOS53 when enrolling. Apply below.
Exclusive! Online workshops or on-site training available by arrangement for groups of 10 or more employees from the same company.
Why Earn Your Certification
January 20 to March 2, 2021
Yellow Belt Certification is ideal for people who work in operations:
- Those who are new to the world of Lean Six Sigma, entry level employees.
- Improvement team members who are involved in the planning phases of lean six sigma efforts but aren't directly involved in the measurement and redesign of processes.
- Plant managers and supervisors.
- Hourly operators and employees working within the plant.
- Technicians who will assist green belts with data collection and analysis.
Learning Model: 100% Online, self-guided modules with weekly deliverables; biweekly group meetings via Zoom (evenings).
- Introduction to Six Sigma & Lean
- Voice of the Customer
- Identifying the 8 Deadly Wastes
- Mapping the Process
- Project Management
- Identifying Savings Opportunities
- Kaizen Methodologies
- Value Stream Mapping
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Flow and Pull Systems
- 5S Methods
- Visual Management of Systems
- Standardizing Work
- Workplace Design & Layout
- Controlling the Process
February 10 to April 20, 2021
Green Belt Certification is ideal for these professionals:
- Entry level process engineers with the technical and statistical background required for analysis.
- Senior technicians and lead operators within the plant.
- Anyone with a fundamental understanding of how their processes work and are capable of implementing system redesigns.
- Individuals whose current positions are routinely associated with or directed at problem solving.
Learning Model: 100% Online, self-selected project with weekly group discussion; individual coaching meetings via Zoom (evenings) and onsite face-to-face meetings within region and COVID-19 restrictions.
- All Yellow Belt skills plus
- Statistical Methods
- Organizing and Presenting Data
- Cost of Quality Analysis
- Pareto Analysis
- Scatter Diagrams
- Measuring the Process Mean and Variance
- Descriptive Statistics
- Process Capability Analysis
- Gage Repeatability & Reliability Analysis
- Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Selecting & Verifying the Solution
- Industrial Design of Experiments
- Error Proofing & Control Charting
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Solidifying the Process
A person certified as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is well versed in the core elements of Lean Six Sigma Methodology who leads one or more improvement projects, data collection efforts, analysis and redesign of processes. Green Belts are understand the fundamentals of improving quality by reducing variability, improving process capability and eliminating waste to a high level of proficiency.
Yellow & Green Belt Certification Cost
Yellow Belt: Jan. 20 to Mar. 2, 2021
Cost & Fees: $840 + $25 exam
Green Belt: Feb. 10 to Apr. 20, 2021
Cost & Fees:$1,800* +$75 exam
Plus $250 software (if needed)
*Fees include advisement on required Green Belt Project.
Workshop Leader: Dr. Matthew Romoser
Dr. Matthew Romoser is an associate professor of Industrial Engineering at Western New England University and is the lead trainer for this program. In addition to being an educator, he is also a researcher with 25 years of experience working directly with industry. He is a highly qualified black belt trainer and expert in Lean Six Sigma, process improvement, advanced training systems, human factors and work analysis and design and is proud to bring this opportunity to professionals looking to advanced their skills, expertise, and value.